A worldwide favourite, the original PAF (Patent Applied For) humbuckers from the mid-to-late Fifties put “tone” on the map and is sought after by many guitarists and Les Paul fans. The “Holy Grail” of tone has never been matched quite exactly, but many pickup makers try, try and try again. The FiftyNiner is our effort in the PAF replica game. Using the best magnets and parts we can source in Canada and The United States and period-correct butyrate bobbins in our Custom and “VS” models, the end result is an overall premium handcrafted product.
New for 2017: We have split the FiftyNiners in four separate models. This comes after years of offering our FiftyNiners in an “à la carte” fashion; we’ve noticed a few very common specs variations being ordered leaving other options going unwanted. So we’ve taken this as a guideline to make our FiftyNiners easier to choose, easier to order, and easier to make and stock parts for. This, in the end, will guarantee to bring out the very best in your guitar.
Our FiftyNiner CUSTOM “VS” model is the “aged” version of the FiftyNiner CUSTOM model. The aging process on the bare nickel covers is a combination of light chemicals, hand marking, hand sanding and hand polishing to make each one look as close as we can like they came from the late 1950s. This “aging” process renders each cover unique as each one takes its own aging differently. Different light scratches, pitting and patina from cover to cover just like the real ones.
- Wax Potting: Non-Potted / Lightly Potted
- Coil Wire: 42AWG Vintage style Plain Enamel coil wire
- Magnet(s): Alnico 4
- Baseplate(s): Long-leg nickel-silver baseplates w/ canadian wood spacer
- String spacing: 49.2mm
- Bobbin material: Butyrate
- Bobbin colour: Random, whatever is in stock
- Covers: Aged Nickel
- DC Resistance: ~ 7.5k (Neck) / ~8.0k (Bridge)
* Prices are subject to fluctuate as parts are sourced from the best suppliers in the USA and Canada – their costs sometimes fluctuate as does the USD-CAD exchange rate.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 in|
NECK, BRIDGE, BALANCED SET
In Phase, Out of Phase
Non-potted, Lightly potted
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.