A worldwide favourite, the original PAF (Patent Applied For) humbuckers from the mid-to-late Fifties put “tone” on the map and is sought after by many guitarists and Les Paul fans. The “Holy Grail” of tone has never been matched quite exactly, but many pickup makers try, try and try again. The FiftyNiner is our effort in the PAF replica game. Using the best magnets and parts we can source in Canada and The United States and period-correct butyrate bobbins in our Custom and “VS” models, the end result is an overall premium handcrafted product.
New for 2017: We have split the FiftyNiners in four separate models. This comes after years of offering our FiftyNiners in an “à la carte” fashion; we’ve noticed a few very common specs variations being ordered leaving other options going unwanted. So we’ve taken this as a guideline to make our FiftyNiners easier to choose, easier to order, and easier to make and stock parts for. This, in the end, will guarantee to bring out the very best in your guitar.
Our FiftyNiner CUSTOM model is the result of several years in making “à la carte” PAF style humbuckers and finding a wind pattern and spec that really resonated with guitars they went in. This model is made with unmatched coils, period-correct butyrate bobbins, Alnico 4 magnets and chrome, nickel or gold covers.
- Wax Potting: Non-Potted / Lightly Potted
- Coil Wire: 42AWG Vintage style Plain Enamel coil wire
- Magnet(s): Alnico 4 or Alnico 3
- Polarity: In Phase / Out of Phase (“Greenie” mod)
- Baseplate(s): Long-leg nickel-silver baseplates w/ canadian wood spacer
- String spacing: 49.2mm
- Bobbin material: Butyrate
- Bobbin colour: Random, whatever is in stock
- Cover options: Chrome, Nickel or Gold
- Lead wire: Vintage braided single-conductor
- DC Resistance: ~ 7.2k (Neck) / ~7.8k (Bridge)
* Prices are subject to fluctuate as parts are sourced from the best suppliers in the USA and Canada – their costs sometimes fluctuate as does the USD-CAD exchange rate.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 in|
Alnico 3, Alnico 4
NECK, BRIDGE, BALANCED SET
In Phase, Out of Phase
Non-Potted, Lightly Potted
Chrome, Nickel, Gold
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.